MANAGE YOUR WEIGHT
If you want to lose weight, eat better or move more, now’s the perfect time to turn things around! Extra weight puts pressure on our bodies, making it harder for us to fight against diseases. If you’re overweight, small changes every day can help you to lose weight and feel healthier. Check your body mass index (BMI) to find out if you’re a healthy weight.
There is also plenty of support available to help.
Online support and handy apps
The NHS Better Health campaign offers free evidence-based support and guidance to help you work towards a healthier weight. The campaign has a variety of free and NHS endorsed apps, including:
- Weight Loss Plan app which will help you to start healthier eating habits, be more active, and start losing weight.
- BMI calculator to check your body mass index (BMI) and find out if you’re a healthy weight.
- Easy Meals app to help you with delicious and easy meal ideas.
- Couch to 5K app which is a running programme for absolute beginners.
- Active 10 app to record every minute of walking you do (anonymously).
Free membership with Slimming World
Camden residents can self-refer to access free Slimming World membership and support for 12 weeks. Please note that you must meet the below eligibility criteria to qualify for this free membership.
Slimming World will help you to lose weight in a way that’s enjoyable and healthy, and will help you make changes to how you shop, cook and eat. They will also help you build activity into your everyday life.
To self-refer call:
- 01773 302490 if you are a Camden resident and/or registered with a Camden GP
Am I eligible for free Slimming World support?
To qualify for free support, you must:
- Be aged 18 years old or over.
- Be an Camden resident or registered with a GP in Camden.
- Not be pregnant.
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 and above. The BMI criteria is lower for:
- Individuals from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic Group: BMI of 27.5 and above.
- Individuals with a long-term condition: BMI of 25 and above (or 23 and above for individuals who are also from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic Group).
- Not been a paying member with Slimming World in the last three months.